The pattern is found HERE.
It is square (5 feet by 5 feet). I love it. The color changes were a little annoying at first, but I switched the colorwork method I was using to one that looks better. (I mentioned this method in THIS post.) This method ended up being easier in the end, too. I'm super happy with how it turned out.
Now, I want to come up with a new blanket. This one will be for Miss Fifi's 1st birthday. (She is ten months old, already. Can you believe it?) I have a few ideas but I need help deciding. I could do something like the Baby Chalice Blanket, the Gingham Baby Blanket, a simple Basket-weave pattern, or double knit blanket inspired by the artwork of M C Escher. (I double knit an argyle pattern in THIS post, so you can get an idea of what double knitting can look like.) The last idea would be complicated, but it would be super thick and warm. Tell me what you think, please. I need help.
I also need color suggestions. If I went with either of the first three ideas, I'd only want one color. If I went with the Escher-inspired idea, I would need two colors. As my sister put it: "You know that her favorite color will be pink, at one time or another." I don't know if I want to do a pink blanket, though. Help me please.
-----------------------------
What I'm listening to:
Cold War Kids. They are a super cool band. Robbers & Cowards is the only album we own, unfortunately. Hang Me Up to Dry is probably my favorite song on the album. I may or may not sing it while I do my laundry...
They are pretty cool. Check them out.

5 comments:
You are amazing! I now want to learn to knit just so I can make a blanket like this :). I love the colors. Are you going to do a blanket for her for each birthday? How long does it take you to make a blanket?
I think all of the blanket choices that you listed are cool- I had no idea there were so many ways to knit a blanket. I do really like the scarf/hat that you made for Rory and it would make a beautiful blanket.
Good luck, I can't wait to see what you make.
LOVE the blanket! Seriously so so cool. I vote the chalice or double knit style! As for color...I'm with your sister. After having two girlies of my own, I can tell you it's unavoidable. Even if their fave color isn't pink (Scarlett's are red and yellow, for example, and always have been)...she'll still love it.
Thanks guys. This blanket sat in my project basket for a couple of months because it has been so hot, but I don't think it should take more than a month just working on it little by little. I'm not planning on making one every year, I just didn't have time before she was born to make one since I was working full-time so I thought I'd make one for her first birthday instead.
I think I'm going to go with purple. It's girly and will go with her room a little better. Also, the brand of yarn I was thinking of using has a really pretty shade. (and it's on sale... Cha-ching!)
OMGOSH that thing is amazing. Rory was right we should craft together sometime. I have a cricut that I am scared to use but i think two of working on it could work.
Good job, Bridgett. It turned out well. I'm looking forward to seeing the one you knit for Phoebe.
Post a Comment