Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I've been knitting

This was a Christmas present I made for Rory. We thought it would be fun last year to do homemade gifts. It really was fun. I think it will be a tradition we will keep. It was a very challenging project, but once I got the technique and pattern down, it was really fun.

The scarf, I found, in a knitting book called Son of Stitch n' B****. No kidding. It uses a technique called double knitting. That is where you knit with two different colors at the same time. It makes it extra thick and warm. The two colors also makes it reversible. See?

The hat, I came up with myself, inspired by the argyle in the scarf. It too is reversible.

This was definitely the most complicated thing I've ever knit. I told Rory numerous times that he better wear it a lot. So if you ever see him not wearing this hat and scarf and it is under 60 degrees, remind him of his Christmas present that his wonderful wife spent hours on. Okay, we'll make that 40 degrees...

2 comments:

whitney said...

Oooo, very impressive! Definitely fabulous!

ps-I adore the fact that it's reversible! So cool!

Zachary said...

Ha ha...Rory looks silly with that background. But the knit-wear looks good!