
Weren't they a good looking couple?

My Grandmother wore a dress she made, with the help of her mother, on the sewing machine that sits in my parent's home.
My mom recently found the dress among some boxes photographs she has been scanning. Considering the fact that it is 70 years old and made of wool, it has held up fairly well. My mom wanted me to wear it... like out... While I was afraid of handling the dress too much, I decided to wear the dress once for my mom.
If I weren't afraid of something happening to this heirloom, I would definitely wear it... like out...
Pin It
Isn't it a beautiful dress?
Photos by Rory Jones. (under my indecisive yet picky direction)
-----------------------------
What I'm listening to: Christmas Style
Artist: Vince Guaraldi
Album: A Charlie Brown Christmas
This is probably my favorite Christmas album. I never really listened to it until Rory introduced it to me after we were married. But, now I can't really get into the Christmas spirit until I listen to it. (Funny how that worked out.) It is definitely a much needed break from some of the pop-y, Mariah Carey-esque Christmas music you hear at the mall.
My favorites are Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental), and Guaraldi's renditions of The Christmas Song and What Child Is This. Check it out.



8 comments:
This is awesome on so many levels.
Great post! I love the dress and you look so good in it too. I think you should wear it as much as you can. Otherwise it will just end up back in a box and who's going to see it then. Nat did a great job on your hair and make up too!
Oh my goodness I LOVE this. What a wonderful idea - I LOVE the fact that you got your hair done up in the '40s style and everything! You look absolutely beautiful in the dress, it really suits you. Thanks for a fun post. Somehow this really brightened my day!
Beautiful!
Thanks. So sweet.
What an amazingly cool idea! I just love it! What a beautiful dress...on both women :)
Thanks for posting this! I really didn't know much of the details about them getting married in Reno and such.
I love this!
Post a Comment