Please note: Some of the contents of this blog post sways into complaining, on the verge of pity-party territory. I apologize.
Rory is finishing his Associate's degree in Pre-Electrical Engineering in December. After that, he has to transfer to a different school to finish his Bachelor's since UVU doesn't offer a EE Bachelor's degree. So, we'll probably be moving in a few months. Where to? We still don't know. We've thought about BYU. It would be nice because we wouldn't have to move, but between the classes he'd have to repeat (since they don't accept some credits from UVU) and religion classes it would tack on possibly an extra year to his degree. No thanks. We've narrowed it down to a couple of state schools. USU and U of U. Logan or Salt Lake City. Right now we are leaning towards U of U. That could change tomorrow. I don't know.
We are also coming to the realization that as Rory finishes his degree, we just might have to go into debt. The thought of debt makes me cringe.
The thought of moving farther away from family doesn't bother me. I think it will be good for us to not rely on family for babysitting and entertainment when we are bored and don't want to make dinner. Anyone else know how that is? Moving a little farther away will be an adventure. It's just not knowing where we need to look that I'm having the hardest time with. I'm a planner. I need time to work things out in my head and... well, plan. Not knowing where we'll be in five months scares me.
Part of me just wants to get the next couple years over with. I don't like thinking that way because A) That would mean I'm one of those people who live thinking; 'life will start as soon as...' (they graduate, they buy a house, they lose the extra 5 lbs. etc.) As cheesy as the old cliche is, it's true; "Happiness is a journey, not a destination." (If you know who first said or wrote it please, help a sister out.) And B) Could you imagine Miss Fifi skipping from 10 months old to almost 3 years. She's already growing way faster than I believe is fair. Skipping two years of her life is unimaginable.
Speaking of Miss Fifi; isn't she cute?
Speaking of Miss Fifi; isn't she cute?
Because I am unable to solidify moving plans and such, I've focused my efforts on planning Miss Fifi's birthday party and knitting her a blanket. Her party will be awesome, trust me on that one. Would you like a sneak-peak of her blanket? Shhh... I need to trust that you won't tell her about it.
That's all you're getting for now. I didn't go with any of the patterns I listed in my previous post. (Found HERE.) I found this one soon after I published my last post and really liked it. I'll probably do the Escher one some day, but I decided that it wasn't baby enough for Miss Fifi.
------------------------------
What I'm Listening to:
Artist: Snow Patrol
Album: Eyes Open
It's just some good stuff I haven't heard in a while. You Could Be Happy is probably my favorite song on the album. Unfortunately, I never really paid attention to Snow Patrol until this album was released. It was their fourth album, did you know that? I didn't realize that. They are about to release their sixth album, actually. Crazy. I had no idea. I'm not sure if there is a release date for that, but they've got an EP due September 4th.
Rory and I were just talking and we realized that we both bought this album and Death Cab for Cutie's Plans at the same time before we met. (Are we soul-mates or what? haha)


4 comments:
I'll be sad when you move :-( But I know it must be. You guys rock!
you are soul-mates. no doubt:)
yes, definitely don't wish the next couple of years away. i agree, babies do grow faster than what's fair. i hate the saying "time flies". but, dude. time flies. i met you about a year ago. you were pregnant. now you are planning a first birthday bash!
blink, and miss fifi will be ellie's age, and starting 2nd grade.
and, when miss fifi's in 2nd grade, ellie will be in jr high. and, you will see her on facebook and be like "i used to teach her in primary!"
sigh.
time is cruel.
soooooo, focus on the fun stuff, like birthday blankets and parties and such.
also, i really like that purple.
Boe did his EE at Montana state. I know that's a LONG way from home. Believe me, I know. And it's true that it's out of state, although there are ways to get around the out of state thing if you do it right (One of those ways involves taking a semester off). But it was a good school. And the people there are AWESOME!!! Some of the very best friends we've ever had and still have we met there. I know this is totally a decision you two will have to make, but that's my plug! We LOVED Bozeman. It's a pretty great place to live.
@Zach- You travel so much it won't make a huge difference for you. We were planning on coming back to visit family every month.
@Morgan-I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the whole time thing isn't fair. Ellie and Jonas already seem like they've grown up so much since I first met them.
@Melissa-I didn't know Boe did a EE. He's a good man. I was thinking he did mechanical for some reason. Bozeman... I never thought of that.
Post a Comment