Rory got to have two birthday parties. One for friends and cousins. One with his family. He's one lucky boy.
I did a lot of baking for the first one. I even salvaged the cake I made. See?
He's got a lot of candles there.
It was like pulling teeth, getting him to be okay with having a party. The kid doesn't like having birthday parties. Who doesn't like birthday parties? Lame.
After it was over, he said that the party "wasn't bad." I count that as a victory.
Birthday parties=1, Rory=0
Then we had a birthday party at Rory's parent's house. Rory shares a birthday with his 3-year-old niece, so they had a Dora the Explorer party. She pronounces Dora as Dorla. It's cute.
Because they didn't get a chance to at their wedding...
I have no explanation for this.
All the kids got their own purple "backpack." I didn't know that was a thing.
I have no explanation for this.
All the kids got their own purple "backpack." I didn't know that was a thing.
(I've got a lot to learn with this whole motherhood thing.)
There was even a pinata and fireworks. None of it impressed Miss Fifi, though.
Rory was impressed.
There was even a pinata and fireworks. None of it impressed Miss Fifi, though.
Rory was impressed.
I think he had a good birthday. I know I had fun.
-------------------------------
What I'm Listening To:
The band I'm listening to are no longer a band, unfortunately. But that's the beauty of my "What I'm Listening To" posts. They don't have to be new, just what I'm listening to at the time of my post.
I'm listening to The Format right now. Dog Problems is probably my favorite album of theirs. They are super cool. They are all around good, polished, modern, fun.
I first heard them in 2006. I went to an All-American Rejects concert with some friends. I'm not a huge fan of All-American Rejects, but I thought it would be fun. The Format opened for them. I was more impressed with them than with the headlining band. I don't remember any of the songs they played or anything. I just remember thinking they were pretty good and the singer was quite hunky. (This was a year before I met Rory, so it's okay.) Anyway, they are a good band, in case you are looking for music to listen to.
I'm just wondering, does anyone read my "What I'm Listening To" sections? Does anyone care to know what I'm listening to?












4 comments:
That Rory...always the fan of the Latina adventurers!
And I read your "what your listening to" section. Not that I know half of the artists you list...but I read it.
Your cake was VERY good! And the cake balls. Delish. I'm glad Rory conceded to actually having a little fun.
That dorla cake is very disturbing. Candles in the ears. Ech.
Ha ha! Latina adventures. Gross. There weren't any muffin tops.
Yeah, the dorla cake was like, the not actually dorla. It was dorla's native house keeper. They can get those in mexico.
Post a Comment