Sunday, July 24, 2011

Random Facts About Rory

Today is Rory's birthday. In honor of it, and to help everyone get to know him more, I thought I'd share will you some random facts about him.

-He shares his birthday with a brother-in-law and a niece.

-When we first started dating, he avoided taking me to restaurants that served food that is commonly served along side ketchup until he knew that I really liked him. He was afraid he would scare me off by the quantity he uses.

-He would take Jean-Luc Picard over Captain Adama any day. Nerd.

-Rory is a Heinz-snob. (I bet you didn't even know that was a thing.)

-Rory now owns four guitars. If I had to guess which is his favorite, I would guess his Gresch 125th Anniversary.

-He says that Radiohead made him a music snob.

-He is pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering.

-Rory used to like Creed.

-Rory likes to think outside of the box and play devil's advocate when discussing politics.

-His favorite comedian is Steve Martin.

-He often wears a Snakes On a Plane t-shirt but has never seen the movie. (Has anyone seen that movie?)

-Rory loves Jack White and thinks he has the Midas Touch.

-Rory isn't just into music. (I guess that's an inside joke.)

-Rory played football in Jr. High. He also played Jr. Jazz.

-Rory is a Jazz basketball fan.

-He loses his keys a lot.

-He once met Steve Smith, who is widely regarded as worlds best drummer.

-Wilford Brimley told Rory (when he was Five) he'd teach him how to chew Tabacco.

-In high school, Rory was voted "Most Off The Wall."

-Rory has been in a couple of bands; Exit 282, Soul Research Foundation (a Crescent School of Music Funk Ensamble), and The Gentleman and a Scholar. He also played guitar for J. Wride in a few shows. He will also be playing for Rachel Ann's album release show on August 3 at the Velour in Provo. (Everyone should come. She's amazing!). He's also played for a few other random bands here and there.

-He once played with Brian Bromberg, who is considered worlds best bassist.

-Rory watches Project Runway with me. And enjoys it.

-He is told that he looks like Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords a lot.

-Rory is a wonderful father.



-------------------------------
What I'm Listening To:

I'm listening to my very good friend from high school, Rachel Sonderegger Koller. (AKA Rachel Ann) As previously stated, Rory is playing with her August 3rd and the Velour!

Everyone should go like her on Facebook. Seriously. Go HERE to do so.

You should severely consider coming to the show. It's August 3rd at the Velour. (Have I mentioned that already?) Doors open at 8pm. Admission is $6.

Back when I was musical, Rachel and I played duets together. She could sing my face off. I have always felt humbled by her talent. She is releasing her debut album and I am SO excited for her to be following her passion. Since, Rory has been practicing for her show, I've been able to get a sneak-peek of her songs. Let me just tell you: The album and the show are going to beMARVELOUS. I highly recommend following her musical career with me.

5 comments:

Zachary said...

Since I can't write on his Facebook Wall, I have to do it here:

Happy Birthday Rory! You are a great man and a wonderful brother-in-law! I am very glad to have you in the family!

Mooryan said...

That was thoroughly entertaining. Happy birthday Rory! Has he had Canadian Heinz ketchup? Seriously the best. Way better than it's USA counterpart.

Rory said...

Gretsch 1958 Anniversary re-issue is the proper name of the guitar.

Hellobridgett said...

@Ryan-I'm thinking that Rory hasn't tried Canadian ketchup. If I were a good wife, I'd order some for him online. Time will tell if I am a good wife or not...

@Rory-Thanks for the clarification, smarty-pants.

ML said...

"Back when I was musical . . ." that makes me sad.