-Learned how to open cupboards. (Thanks Rory. I could have done without you showing her.)
-Pulled my cooling -but still hot- straightener down from the bathroom counter. (This was a close one. I was standing right there and quickly got it away from her before she got hurt.)
-Turned on our Bluray player then pressed eject, making the disc tray come out. (I pulled her away before she put her weight on the tray, which she was reaching to do.)
-Pulled our lightest weight acoustic guitar on top of her. (Didn't cry, just acted startled. This might not have been the case if it were any of our other guitars.)
-As I type this, she just learned to open a drawer. (Oops, fingers. Hold on... I'm back. For my mom's sake: she's just fine, didn't even cry. I think it just startled her.)
-Managed to get herself out of her Bumbo twice. (For those not well versed in baby gear lingo; The Bumbo.)
Wow, reading all this makes me feel like a bad parent. Sometimes, I just like watching her work through things (ready to pounce if things go awry). It's fascinating to watch. Needless to say; we will be doing some more baby-proofing this weekend. As for the blueray player, (since we don't have doors on our entertainment center) Rory said he could disable the bottons on the front so that we would need the remote to make it work. (I love having a tech-savvy husband.) That is fine by me. I hope it will be a while before she figures out how the remote works... or hides it. Maybe, we will get a kid-friendly entertainment center for Christmas...
I love her.
-----------------------------
What I'm listening to:
Right now, Death Cab for Cutie is on the ipod. Someday you will be loved is the song. Plans is a great album. I agree with Rory when he said that Owl City kind of turned him off of the Death Cab, Postal Service, and Owl City vibe for a while. It's unfortunate that a totally different band can have that effect. Poor Ben Gibbard. I don't know, maybe we're just snobs. Actually, I know we are snobs. But are we alone? Anyone?
Anyway, we just recently started listening to them again. It's kind of refreshing, listening to something you love but haven't heard for a while.

3 comments:
Oh man, she is cute. You get sick of me saying this? I just can't get over her.
Yes, you are totally snobs. Lol.
@Morgan- I could never get sick of you saying that she's cute. It's only the truth.
I'm totally fine with being labeled a snob...
Your kid and Norah look like cousins.
Seriously.
Post a Comment