I craft like this:
I made this because I started meal planning a few weeks ago. It's been great so far and I want to keep it up. I didn't think it would have much of an impact on what we eat, but I feel like we eat a lot better and I put less effort into meals. I don't have to scratch my head, trying to figure out what we have that can be turned into some sort of dinner. Anyone else been there? I'm also spending a lot less on groceries since food doesn't go bad before it's used and I'm only buying what I'm sure we will be eating. Go figure.
I haven't officially chosen a color scheme for our kitchen but I wanted the frame to match our plates. I'd say, it's pretty close. I added the cork myself and had Rory paint "Menu" and the letters of the week. (I'm always scared to write permanent things and he has much better handwriting, anyway.) I'm happy with how it turned out.
-----------------------------
What I'm listening to:
Right now, I'm listening to Passion Pit's album Manners. They are electronica-licious. I can't listen to them without being happy. They are so fun. My favorite songs on this album are probably Sleepyhead and Little Secrets. I can't remember where I found this band. It seems like it was on some music show on hulu. I don't know, ask Rory. He might remember.


3 comments:
I love your menu board! I try to menu plan, but it's not as successful as I'd hoped. I'm blaming that on full-time work. I think when I'm a stay-at-home mom, meal planning will be a little more realistic. And if I can plan on a board as fun as that one, then I think I'll be set!
Bridgett, That's a great idea! I think I am going to take your idea and use it...if that is okay with you!
@Charlotte-It's hard to cook when you work full time too. I give you props for even trying.
@Shelley-Go ahead! Make yourself a fancy menu board. I'm glad I did.
Post a Comment