Friday, February 18, 2011

A Brief Summary


So, I'm just going to give a brief synopsis of the last two years since I'm just getting back into blogging.

Two and a half years ago (as of July 18th) Rory and I got married. It was wonderful; the best decision I have ever made. Rory is fancy.

At first we lived in a little, tiny house. Like 400 square feet. It was really cute, but very small. Then we quadrupled our square footage and moved into my brother's house. My brother's family moved to Indiana and wanted someone to house sit while they tried to sell the house. It was a huge move up for us. At first, I worried that after living there I would be disappointed to move into something that we could actually afford. But really, I think it gave us a little experience in taking care of an actual house and gave us a goal to work towards. After about nine months of living there (probably the longest nine months of Kaila's life) the house sold and we had to find somewhere else to live. We found a two bedroom duplex with lots of kitchen space and a crappy neighbor. And the first time I ever used the toilet, it flooded. (No, I didn't go number two.) I think it was a bad omen. Eventually, we decided to move. We found 2 bedroom 4-plex in a much quieter neighborhood. The ice cream truck actually comes to our street now. It's great. And, when police cars drive by. They just keep driving; they don't stop. It is very comforting. So, this is the fourth place that we've lived in two years. I would like to stay here a while. I'm sick of moving.

Other things that have happened in the last two years (in no particular order):

Rory changed majors. He was in media-something-or-other. Now he is going into Electrical Engineering. I think it will be a better fit.

We bought longboards.

Rory played in a band.

Traveled to Spokane.

Made a handful of trips to Colorado.

Rory let me buy a fancy camera.

Were converted to the Dave Ramsey outlook on finances.

Got out of debt.

Rory was laid off, found a new job, then found a better job.

Ate lots of ice cream.

I found a better job, then quit to become domestic.

I bought lots of clothing, then gained thirty pounds.

Then I lost thirty pounds.

Last, but not least; we fell in love with this little one.



(More on this subject later)

3 comments:

whitney said...

Well, that was quite the summary. Thanks for the catch-up!

Zachary said...

Nice summary!

ML said...

Thanks again!