Wednesday, August 20, 2008

True Life: I'm glad I have my name

I have always been interested in weird names that people give their children. Here are a few that I found recently:

Bluzette Martin

Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii
-She is from New Zealand

Holden Holden
-Named after his mother's maiden name. When his parents later divorced, he took his mother's maiden name for his last name too.

Moxie CrimeFighter

Neophytos
-Went by Neo long before The Matrix came out

Open Weaver Banks

They
-No last name. This guy actually changed his name to "They"

Indiana Jones
-Her brother is named "Dow Jones"
-Sorry Zach, it's been done

Ratziel Tim shel Ismail Zerubbabel Zabud Zimry Pike Blavatsky Philo Judaeus Polidorus Isurenus Morya Nylghara Rakoczy Kuthumi Krishnamurti Ashram Jerram Akasha Aum Ultimus Rufinorum Jancsi Janko Diamond Hu Ziv Zane Zeke Wakeman Wye Muo Teletai Chohkmah Nesethrah Mercavah Nigel Seven Morningstar A. San Juan CCCII
-yep, that is one name

Here is the article I found some of these from.


Oh Celebrities, and their crazy antics

Here is a list of weird celebrity baby names:

Blue Angel
-The Edge (U2) and Aislinn O'Sullivan's child

Audio Science
-Shannyn Sossamon's child

Jazz Domino
-Joe Strummer's child

Heaven
-Sibling of "God'Iss Love Stone"
-Lil' Mo's child

Pilot Inspektor
-Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf's child

Fifi Trixibell
-Sibling of "Peaches" and "Pixie"
-Bob Geldof and Paula Yates' child

Sage Moonblood
-Sylvester Stallone and Sasha Czack's child

Rocket
-sibling of "Racer," "Rebel," and "Rogue"
-Robert Rodriguez's child

Moon Unit
-Sibling of "Dweezil" and "Diva Muffin"
-Frank Zappa's child

Here are more weird celebrity names

I can understand not wanting your daughter to be one of five Ashley's in her class, but where do you come up with some of these?

4 comments:

Zachary said...

I am thinking that Noah and Kaila should switch Oliver to the middle name, and then give him the first name of Lawrence. Then his initials will be: L.O.L.!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I am still going to call your kids "Indiana 1", "Indiana 2", etc.

Nat said...

So we thought of several names for Elise...Rilo, Siouxsie, Jett...Blondie. All from Rockers that I love. We settled on something more normal, Elise Violet. Its not the Name but the story of the Name. Elise was named after the Cure song "Letter to Elise". Violet because nothing goes with the cure better then the color Violet. If Elise was a boy...Joseph decided the name would have been Lennon Robert (John Lennon, and Robert Smith from the Cure).

Crazy Lifferths said...

My brother went to high school with someone that changed his name to Trout Fishing in America. Really, I swear! He even got on TV, like the Today show, for doing it!

nikki said...

LOL!!!! Thanks for the laughs Bridge!