Thursday, July 3, 2008

True Life: Rory is awesome


I don't know that I could ask for a better Fiance. Rory is so sweet and although he may not understand the hype of wedding planning, he goes along with it (and even helps me in planning) because he knows that it is important to me. Here are a few reasons why he is amazing.

If he is distracted or upset while he is on the phone with me, he will always call back to apologize. It is so cute because I will not even notice that he was "being rude" but he always apologizes for it.

A couple of weeks ago, when I was really stressed out about putting invitations together, I got a call that led to me going out of town for a few days on short notice (like an hour). Rory was the person who came to my rescue. He, with the help of his family, put ALL of them together. It was so nice of them. I was so grateful.

When we are watching a movie together. He always makes sure that I have a blanket and that it is covering my feet (because he knows that I have a blanket fetish).

When I get frustrated, he always cheers me up. There have been many times as of late that I will get frustrated and stressed out with wedding flowers, cupcakes, or whatever, and he will always help to fix the problem and help me realize why I even worry about that sort of thing. He is also the responsible one in the relationship; getting everything else ready. He was the one who found our apartment, bought our bed, and got all of the utilities in order for our new apartment. He is so great.

Not only does he take care of me, he is so nice to my roommates, too. I was talking to one of my roommates yesterday and she said that she always notices how he treats them all with respect.

Whenever I spend a little more time on my hair or make-up, he notices. I know that some guys don't and frankly: he is not like most guys.

Okay, let me get cheesy here for my last one: Whenever he listens to a song that he really likes or plays his guitar, he gets this little smile on his face and he nods his head from side to side. I can't really describe it well, but it's just cute. Take my word for it.

There are so many things, I could go on for days but I won't. Just know that Rory is awesome.

And this is one of my bridal pics courtesy of Kaila and Ream. (I figured this one was okay since it is a head shot and Rory helped me pick out my veil)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Bridge...
I feel bad though... you write about this and I write about.. Alf? what the freak Rory?
And the room mate thing too... I don't know. I'm music snob Bridge. I can't hold that stuff back criticism sometimes. I feel bad about that.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah. you are beautiful.
I forgot to write that.

Mark Nott said...

weddings are fun, good luck!

Unknown said...

You are so pretty! I love the veil! He sounds like an amazing guy, I am so happy for you!

Zachary said...

Eh...he is ok.

Just kidding...As Bridgett's oldest and wisest brother, the idea of some riff-raff coming in and taking away my baby sister (and best friend), was not a pleasant one. I knew that he better be GOSH DARN special.

Rory meets and exceeds that expectation.

Rory is beyond GOSH DARN special.

Zachary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wright's said...

Cute post. Enjoy the "young and in love stage." Don't get me wrong...I'm still in love. Just now we have to shout "I love you" over three screaming children, burnt chicken and the phone ringing. Enjoy it - it goes by too fast.

Mommy Melissa said...

Those invitations looked time consuming. Way to step up Rory! You are so beautiful! The veil is perfect for you. Nice choice. If I were you, I would keep that list close by for a rainy day. It could make you smile when you want to cry. Rory sounds like a pretty wonderful guy. Keep smiling, it's almost here.

Mandy said...

You look absolutely beautiful...and I would have been happy to put your wedding invitations together. Things like that make me happy!!!

Nat said...

Raawwwwrrrr Bridget!! Looking HOT( or as Paris Hilton says "Hawt"). You know we (his older wise, and good looking sisters) beat into him about the woman and respect thing...if he steps one toe out of line...we will take care of it. :) We are just happy somebody loves him. Welcome to the fam!

Kaila said...

Wow, you have a some AWESOME photographers!

Deb Nott said...

You guys are so cute! I am super excited for you!
Reading your blog about Rory was so cute - it brought back lots of memories, but believe me - it just gets better and BETTER!