Saturday, May 17, 2008

True Life: How do I pick a veil?

Okay, so I always dreamed of what my wedding dress would look like from the time I was a little girl, but I never really thought about a veil. I had my dress picked within the first week I was engaged. I do want to have a veil; it's not a tradition I want to break. I just don't know how to go about choosing one. I know that I like the shorter style of veils, like elbow length or shorter. Please give me some input on how you, or someone you know chose their veil. (I would show pictures of my dress so you can get an idea of the style, but Rory is a fellow blogger and I don't want him to see)

I like this one because it is pretty simple, short, and not too big.


I really like the unfinished edge on this one.

Okay, before you think I'm crazy I need to explain. Right before I started shopping for dresses, I asked Rory what style he could see me wearing for our wedding. He told me; very elegant clean lines, sophisticated, and something like Jackie Onassis. Personally, I took that as a compliment. If he thinks I am elegant and sophisticated enough to compare with Jackie Kennedy Onassis: sweet! Jackie O is so classy, I love it.

As I was googling Jackie O, I came across some pictures of her with a cute pill-box hat. I thought it would be so cute to wear one with a short little veil. I love that style. I still don't know though because it is so different and I don't know that I could pull it off. Here are a couple birdcage styles though.


Here is a simple birdcage veil.




I don't know that I like the big flower or whatever that is, but I like the length of the veil.

Anywho, tell me what you guys think. What style? Oh, and if you want to see my dress to make a comparison, I can email you pictures of it; just leave me your email address.

P.S. And just to be safe, I'm asking Rory not to look at my blog for the next week.

4 comments:

Max Power said...

I'm not sure if it would work with your dress, but I really like the simplicity of the 2nd to last veil.

Maybe something like the first picture (I like that length) with unfinished edges and in a fabric to match your skirt would work. The same fabric might be too much though.

Mommy Melissa said...

Hey, congratulations! This is so exciting. Please email me a picture of your dress and I will be more than happy to give you some feedback about a veil. Mine was pretty simple, just below the elbow with a satin ribbon trim. My email is boeandmelissa@gmail.com

Zachary said...

Instead of a Birdcage veil...how about just a simple BIRDCAGE!

Crazy Lifferths said...

I was the same way about my veil. I didn't want a HUGE one, but I knew that I wanted one. I had one made how I wanted it, and then I just rented it. It worked out just fine for me and it was inexpensive. I like the short lengths, mine was shorter then elbow length, and I love the unfinished edges. I think that would look beautiful on you.