Monday, June 2, 2008

True Life: Just an update

Okay, since it has been a while, I thought I would give everyone an update on everything.

-Wedding Plans-

Wedding Plans are going really well. We have gotten a lot done so far. Rory has been awesome at planning with me.

-The date is Friday, July 18, 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple

-We will be having the reception the night before in Payson

-I picked up my dress on Thursday (it's pretty)

-I picked out my veil and my mom will be making it when she gets back from Spokane (thanks for the input, everyone)

-We ordered the cake on Wednesday

-We got our invites I think the second week we were engaged (Thanks to Mandy!)

-We will be meeting with our photographer this week

-Our engagement pics are done (Thanks to Matt!)



Advice time: I don't know where to start when looking for flowers. I went to one place, but let's just say; the people weren't too helpful. Where are some good flower shops? I have also thought about doing the arrangements myself, but everywhere I've called that I thought might be able to do that has said that they can only sell to businesses. Don't people do that sort of thing sometimes? I don't know anything about flowers or florists. I need help.

12 comments:

Max Power said...

The dress is very pretty. And I really like the shoes you got too.

As for flowers? Well, for Susan's wedding they ordered what the wanted from Sam's Club. Mostly daisies like you want and they did them themselves. That was in Houston though. I don't know if they do that here but it would probably be worth checking out. You could try Costco too? Maybe they do something similar?

Good luck!

Zachary said...

I know of a few neighbor houses that we could pillage the night before:)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Hi. First, congrats on the engagement. Very exciting!
There is a place called DWF (Direct Wholesale Florists) located at 601 W 4330 S in Salt Lake. They have a HUGE selection of flowers, ribbons, vases, wedding supplies, etc. Technically, they say they don't sell to the public, but I've bought from them several times-you just have to pay sales tax. Anyway, you might want to check them out.

HelloBridgett said...

Oh, that is great. I will have to give DWF and Costco a call. I never even thought of Costco. I am now begining to learn how awesome Costco is.

Smiley Family said...

I think it is great that you are having the reception the night before. I loved my wedding day, but it was such a blur. I wish I had broken it up a bit, and at least done a wedding dinner the night before instead of a luncheon the day of.

As for the flowers, your other suggestions are great but if you opt to have someone else do it, the lady who did mine and my sister's weddings is fabulous. However, she is in South Jordan. But her name is Cindy and it is Sunshine Creations. She does a great job.

Gretch said...

Remember you wanted easy...I would have someone else do it. You should check out Costco and that wholesale place though. Good luck and don't get too stressed out. I wish I could be there to help. :(

Mandy said...

I love your picture! As for flowers...my mother-in-law did the Costco thing for me. My flowers were great, but I think it was more stress than what was really needed. I say pay for them. What kind of flowers are you thinking about, that will make a big difference right there.

HelloBridgett said...

I was thinking of just doing Gerbera Daisies. We would probably order the bouteniers and stuff (However you spell that) but I just want loose Gerbera Daisies in simple vases for decorations. I don't know. More ideas?

lasantine said...

Bridgett, just have someone you know who owns a business go and make the purchase for you (preferably someone you trust).

My "person"s were my SILs, plus I got to go with.

Congrats again, and good luck! The pictures look nice.

Nat said...

That is one HELL of a picture!! I love that. If you just want Daisies...Costco is a great place to look, they have LOTS of colors, and you can place an order with them for what you want. I HIGHTLY suggest getting your Bouquet(??spellcheck)The corsages for the mothers, and the Man flowers done for you. HIGHLY SUGGEST it. Costco for decorating flowers including cake(if you know what you want)...someone for everything else.

Sarah said...

So Joe has a friend that owns a flower shop and is really, really amazing and she works within any budget. Her name is Awbree Summers, and her flower shop is called McDonald Floral. The only down side is that it's in West Valley...but tell her I sent you. She loves me. She did our wedding, and everyone says they were the prettiest flowers they had ever seen. And I had gerber daisies, too. Good Luck! I also worked in her flower shop a couple of summers ago, and I learned how to do boutineers if you need any help.

Alternative polka said...

I"m with zach on this one. except you know the gardens at slc temple or possible thanksgiving point. they've got flowers on top of flowers (which is crazy if you think about it literally) and I bet rory and I could gather quite a plethora of flowers for you!