Monday, June 11, 2007

True Life: Bill Gates is my Homeboy

So, I came to Washington to visit Gretchen Jason and their girls; Paige and Charlotte. I have had a fun time. Gretchen has been teaching me to cook. So far, I have helped to make Grandmother’s rolls and some really good chip dip with vegetables from their garden. Mmm… cilantro and lime juice… I am no chef but I did make dinner all by myself for Chase about a week ago. Some things I would have changed but it was very good, if I do say so myself.

Another thing we have done is go shopping. I hit some really good deals. One store in their mall had everything for 50% off (really good selection too). I also got some really cute plaid shorts for $8… Yeah, I know. Amazing.

Gretchen and I also took the girls to see Manito Park. It is a really nice park that has a few different themed gardens that you can go see for free. They are so beautiful. (Utah should do something like this) Hopefully I can figure out how to get some pictures on here.

On friday Jason gradutated from his intern-year of his medical career. They had it at a really fancy country club. After pointing out a really nice BMW convertable with the top down and a blackberry sitting in it for the taking, Jason pointed out a man with his wife and two girls walking in infront of us and said that he looked a lot like Bill Gates. After we went in some people there were saying that Bill Gates was supposed to be in town that weekend. Someone else said that he was going to be speaking at a different graduation held at the same country club. We decided that the man we saw earlier was him. We later saw him passing through Jason’s graduation a few times. It was funny because we were in a room full of very prestigious people and they were all talking and pointing at him all exited. Anyway, it was really cool to be able to see Bill Gates. We were pretty exited about it even though nobody had the guts to actually talk to him. We really just wanted to give him his space

No comments: