One year ago I wasn't a mother.
One year ago I looked like this:
But, scratch the smile. I was in labor; I wasn't very happy.
I was starving and thirsty.
They would only let me eat flavored ice chips.
One year ago I had heartburn.
One year ago I kept thinking 'today is the day.'
It wasn't.
One year ago tomorrow was the day.
One year ago tomorrow we fell in love again.
We've learned a lot since then.
div>A lot changes in a year.
------------------------------
What I'm listening to:
Artist: Fitz and the Tantrums
Album: Pickin' Up The Pieces
So, this band had me at their name. I've really never given to much thought to band names until recently. But Fitz and the Tantrums? Now that's just brilliant without being cheesy.
They are quite soulful. I love it. It's a throwback to Motown. My favorite song is probably MoneyGrabber or Breakin' The Chains of Love.
This album was released over a year ago, but they seem to be just now getting attention. They don't have a guitarist in their band. According to Wikipedia, Michael Fitzpatrick, the band's frontman, said "the guitar is always there, it's always featured, it's always prevalent. I'm just sick of hearing it." I give them props. I can only imagine that it would be hard to think modern popular music without guitars. I like it.



4 comments:
Ha ha! I love that new photo of Phoebe!
Ahhh, sweetest post ever!
you were so tiny, full term.
i can't believe it's been a year.
very sweet post, bridgett.
I love the red, scrunched mad Phoebe photo. The best part is that somehow it still manages to look like her.
Post a Comment