First off: I'm married now. If you haven't guessed from all the pictures of me in a big white dress and veil. I'm not just obsessed with the color. The guy? Oh, he's awesome. Sometimes I will look over at him (or right now listen to him on his guitar) and be amazed that I was able to land such a stand-up guy. Seriously, he is so good to me.
My wedding was amazing. Thanks to everyone for the help, and Mom and Dad who foot the bill. It was an amazing wedding. Let me give you some highlights of the wedding:
-We had our reception thursday the 17th at Peteetneet Academy in Payson. It's a beautiful old school that was changed into a reception center and museum.
-We had cupcakes, mini cupcakes, soda bottles to eat and drink. The cupcakes had pink, orange, and green frosting. The mini chocolate ones had white frosting.
-We had a yummy luncheon in the Joseph Smith Memorial building before the ceremony.
-I got to wear the dress that my mom made for my parent's wedding. I was so excited to wear it.
-It was a great ceremony. Beautiful.
-We went to San Francisco for our honeymoon. It was awesome. Rory and I want to go back sometime. We saw some great sites. It was so fun.
I have a new niece. Harmony was born on Friday. She is doing well. Very healthy. You can see pictures of the happy family here.
Rory, Matt, Ryan, Maquel, and I are starting a business. It is kind of difficult figuring out all the details. I've been working on becoming a better photographer. If you want to check out our photography blog it is here. We are trying to keep it updated.
I just started a new job a few weeks ago. It is pretty interesting. I like it pretty well. Today, as a reward for doing a great job last week while our boss was gone, a girl I work with and I got free movie tickets for us and our husbands. We were pretty excited about that. It was kind of stressful last week just because there were only two of us and everything is still so new to me.
Rory and I went shopping on Saturday. We spent a LOT of money, but our fridge still looks bare. Our pantry is looking a little better, but come on. Food is getting so expensive. (Good thing we don't eat that much)
Speaking of expensive things; Why is the whole financial world falling on its face? I'm torn on my opinion of this whole bail-out. On one hand; if the government goes into more debt to help out people who made some stupid decisions, it's just going to raise taxes for everyone. On the other hand; People should be able to feel confident in where they are putting their money, otherwise, why would bank's bother to be federally insured? How bad will things get if the government doesn't do anything? I think the government should have taken some precautions to prevent this all from happening. But now, I don't know what should be done.
I've been listening to NPR a lot. I never really had much interest in talk-radio, but this summer I really got into it. I decided that NPR is like having a really interesting person over for dinner who has a really strange job that you don't know anything about, but by the time you are finish desert, you are totally infatuated by everything they were talking about.
The campaign frustrates me. I hate all of the petty attacks. Why is everyone spending more time focusing on their opponent's past, or how one candidate said something offensive rather than talking about what they would do to help this country? All I know is that there needs to be a change.
Anyway, that was some really random stuff. Um, if you are still reading, congratulations on making it this far. I don't know if there is anything else to say... Okay, bye.
3 comments:
If you're giving a recap of your life since July, you really ought to mention Oliver. And your new bike.
I wasn't giving a recap. I was just listing things that I was thinking about for the last couple days.
Sorry Oliver, I love you too.
Rory is a stand up guy?? right on, who knew?
Post a Comment